How the Inspection Process Works
Our Premium automotive inspection report includes a comprehensive list of more than 150 points we review on your behalf. When you're in the process of buying a new or used car and can't be there in person to check it out yourself, a car inspection from InspectMyRide can give you valuable information on the vehicle's overall condition. This is what you can expect when you order a Premium Inspection:
- Once your order is received, InspectMyRide coordinates directly with the owner/seller of the car to schedule an appointment with one of our nationwide inspectors located in that region.
- Most inspections are scheduled to take place within 48 business hours of receiving your order.
- At the scheduled appointment time, our inspector arrives and spends approximately one hour reviewing the vehicle. If weather conditions permit and the owner has the appropriate documentation (i.e., the car is street legal), he will also perform a short test drive.
- To ensure nothing is overlooked, the inspector follows a detailed electronic form containing more than 150 items for visual review. For components that receive a rating, the inspector selects a rating using a scale from "Very good" to "Very Poor."
- The inspector also takes photos of all critical vehicle elements, such as the odometer, exterior and interior. If damage, or sub-par repair is detected, he will also capture a close-up including a ruler so the size is clearly detectable.
- The photos and results from the electronic form are sent in wirelessly from the inspector in the field to the InspectMyRide back office as soon as possible. The results are then formulated through our Vehicle Inspection Rating System, to produce a rating for each item which calculates an overall score for the car.
- The results of the inspection and photos, are combined with a free Experian AutoCheck vehicle history report to produce the final report, which is then sent via email to the report purchaser.
View our sample automotive inspection reports for a complete list of what we inspect.