How InspectMyRide performs a Premium Car Inspection
Our Premium auto inspection report includes a comprehensive list of more than 150 points we review on your behalf. When you're in the process of buying a car online, new or used, and can't be there to check it out yourself, a car inspection from InspectMyRide can give you valuable information on the car's visual condition. When you order a Premium Inspection from InspectMyRide, this is what you can expect:
- Once your order is received, InspectMyRide directly contacts the owner/seller of the car in order to schedule an appointment with one of our inspectors located in that region.
- Most auto inspections are scheduled to take place within 48 business hours of receiving your order, assuming the vehicle’s owner (seller) is available.
- At the scheduled appointment time, our inspector arrives and spends approximately one hour reviewing the car. If weather conditions permit and the owner has the appropriate documentation (i.e., the car is street legal), our inspector will also perform a short test drive.
- To ensure nothing is overlooked, the inspector follows a detailed procedure containing more than 150 items for visual review. For components that receive a rating, the inspector uses a scale from "Very Good" to "Very Poor."
- The inspector also takes photos of all critical car elements, such as the odometer, exterior and interior. If damage or sub-par repair is detected, our inspector will also capture a close-up and use a ruler so the size is clearly detectable.
- The photos and results from the electronic form are sent in wirelessly from the inspector in the field to the InspectMyRide back office as soon as possible. The results are meticulously reviewed by our Quality Assurance team, and then formulated through our Vehicle Inspection Rating System to produce a rating for each item. This is then used to calculate an overall score for the car.
- The results of the auto inspection and photos are combined with a free Experian AutoCheck vehicle history report to produce the final report. This is then sent via email to the report purchaser.
View our sample Premium auto inspection report
Learn more about our pre purchase inspection options: